SwamiRecords.com Forum Index

<  SWAMI GENERAL FORUM  ~  New Gmail? Yes or No...

Duncan Idaho
Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:18 am Reply with quote
A google drive folder with a link we can share to the content is a better solution than a mailbox. It should be easy to convert the contents of the mailbox to a folder with sub folders.

Also, this true for Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, or whatever is the cloud storage flavor of the month. but google-to-google would be easier.

The phorum member previously known as the other chris.
notj
Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:59 am Reply with quote
you don't need to set up anything else, i'm going to try to explain it one more time since y'all seem to be glossing my most recent post about it a few days ago. after that, if y'all still want to go and set up another account on some other cloud service, go right ahead.

i set up a www server to mirror the gmail content earlier this year because a lot of people posting here seemed to have issues accessing it and i have the www space/server/time available.

https://SW@MI.heychico.co.uk/repos/
you will need to replace the "@" with an "a" in that url...
username: swamifan
password: the same password as gmail before poli changed it recently.

that username has the ability to upload content to the server as well.

i know it's being used as i have seen downloads logged from it as recently as last week and also had a few uploads by people such as Myren.

i was speaking to tashi to try and work out an arrangement where he could provide some more of his archives but real life has kinda got in our ways a bit, hopefully in early 2018 i'll have more news on that.
Bacon Bourbon
Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote
notj wrote:

I concur that this is a good solution and I uploaded a shit-ton of live shows and a few SSS episodes yesterday. Thanks
chasw67
Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Yup, that works a treat, thanks.
Hertz32
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 pm Reply with quote
So did the password change again? Haven't kept up with the archive since the original password got changed. Wondered if any of the recent Hot Snakes shows with the new songs were uploaded there.
Duncan Idaho
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:04 pm Reply with quote
notj wrote:
you don't need to set up anything else, i'm going to try to explain it one more time since y'all seem to be glossing my most recent post about it a few days ago. after that, if y'all still want to go and set up another account on some other cloud service, go right ahead.

i set up a www server to mirror the gmail content earlier this year because a lot of people posting here seemed to have issues accessing it and i have the www space/server/time available.

that username has the ability to upload content to the server as well.

i know it's being used as i have seen downloads logged from it as recently as last week and also had a few uploads by people such as Myren.

i was speaking to tashi to try and work out an arrangement where he could provide some more of his archives but real life has kinda got in our ways a bit, hopefully in early 2018 i'll have more news on that.

I for sure failed to comprehend your previous posts. What you have up there is great. Nicely done, thanks!

The phorum member previously known as the other chris.
Tom
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Could a kind soul send me a message with the password.

Much appreciated.

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:11 pm Reply with quote
The password I have is looooong out of date, would someone mind sharing?

The Corpo
imnotinvisible69
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Could anyone please send me a message with the password :-)

Thanks anyone!
xjayx
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Bacon Bourbon wrote:
Gmail worked just fine for years and years until...someone...changed...the...password.

To be fair, every time I log in to my gmail from my laptop I get a notification and I have to prove my identity. Since the gmail was originally set up, there have been a number of changes in Google’s security measures.

That said, the file mirroring site seems to work well. I’ll have to check it from my laptop... hopefully we get that new single up there soon.
imnotinvisible69
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have flac or 320 rips of Bombs Away/Black Eye ? I've got 320rip of On The Prowl if anyone needs it
polianarchy
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:39 am Reply with quote
xjayx wrote:
To be fair, every time I log in to my gmail from my laptop I get a notification and I have to prove my identity. Since the gmail was originally set up, there have been a number of changes in Google’s security measures.

THANK YOU

Bacon Bourbon
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:46 pm Reply with quote
polianarchy wrote:
xjayx wrote:

THANK YOU

Oh shit, one other person has to take an extra step to login, you should change the password again! That'll fix it.

You know what's really great about the new site? YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE FUCKING PASSWORD.
xjayx
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Bacon Bourbon wrote:
polianarchy wrote:
xjayx wrote:

THANK YOU

Oh shit, one other person has to take an extra step to login, you should change the password again! That'll fix it.

You know what's really great about the new site? YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE FUCKING PASSWORD.

...? I don't know what your point is here. It's not "one extra step." It's not being able to log in because the only way to verify and then log in is to be the primary account holder.

But the new site is rad.
chasw67
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
[quote="Bacon Bourbon"][quote="polianarchy"][quote="xjayx"]To be fair, every time I log in to my gmail from my laptop I get a notification and I have to prove my identity. Since the gmail was originally set up, there have been a number of changes in Google’s security measures. [/quote]

THANK YOU[/quote]

You know what's really great about the new site? YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE FUCKING PASSWORD.[/quote]

Well I just tried it and got:

Your account has been deactivated!