SwamiRecords.com Forum Index
Author Message

<  SWAMI GENERAL FORUM  ~  Sultans Bar Pink DVD...DL Link expire in only days! -Enjoy!

Tashi
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:21 am Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Aug 2005 Posts: 309
I am not really a "youtuber". I could give a shit how many hits a video gets...I have never sent a tweet. My Facebook has been shut off for over 3 years. But I did tape and share Sultans Live and Bar Pink. I edited out Speedo's long personal monologue out of respect, and I figured that a few geeks out there might dig the live songs.

Youtube has "silenced" the video, claiming that the band requested that due to copyright infringement. Ok, so I'm not making any money on this...just sharing for fun and posterity. Perhaps this video is cutting into the profits from the extensive Sultans video and Sony DVD back catalog...yes, I'm joking. Perhaps MTV is pissed because they are being ignored due to the 15,764 people who watch it on youtube? Oh...again, I jest..what is MTV anymore right?

What I do know is that people have said shit like...I watch this video 3 times a week so WTF..where's the audio!!!? So, I can't really set up a huge "sharing thing" and people who have tried to work with me on it know that I am back at work and doing well...cancer free for like the 2nd year running...finally off the chemo as of last year...and I have no time to do share stuff anymore. I sent a huge ass hard drive to somebody a few years back and that was that...people are busy, not really sharing it. So that's fine...I get it...I'm busy too, but I did upload the HD DVD of it. It will only be available for like a week or a few day on WeTransfer. You need to download ALL 11 parts. I can't really be responsible if it doesn't work but if should...it's a simple zip file job. The instructions for downloading and extracting as well as the links to do so are included. I'm sure SW@MI didn't ban the video on youtube...some fucking attorney got bent because the Sultans had more hits than some ass licking electronic heavy metal funk reggae country rap band. (or something). Anyway, if SW@MI wants it banned...I respect that...fine no problem. Just let me know I will tell 15,764 people to fuck off and go buy the out of print CD's on Discogs...maybe they are still on the SW@MI-Store? Anyway...I believe in supporting the band and live music, AND sharing live music if it is not an irritation to the band to do so. If so, not a problem...I will pull down everything...I don't really give a shit...i just got obsessive for a while...filmed a bunch and shared a bunch. Easy come easy go...life is short etc...Get your free DVD here if you want it before it disappears for good:

-Tashi

PS...See you SoCal Hot Snakes fans a week from tonight in LA!

By popular request here the Sultans Bar Pink DVD:
Simply download all the zip’s, put them in a folder,
Double-click the zip file #1. Your PC or Mac should
Assemble the DVD from the 11 zip files and create
A burnable or playable .ISO DVD file. The file is in
HD, so it may only play on Blu-ray players, but it will
Certainly play on any computer with the VLC app.
Enjoy! –Tashi

Sultans Parts 1+2
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.002
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.001
Download link
https://we.tl/awN2x2Nr0u
Sultans Part 3+4
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.004
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.003
Download link
https://we.tl/0gdhSyShUq

Sultans Part 5+6
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.005
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.006
Download link
https://we.tl/vZKEIQUg4L

Sultans 7+8
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.007
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.008
Download link
https://we.tl/z3G8MaaUBz


Sultans 9, 10 & 11
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.011
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.010
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.009
Download link
https://we.tl/66jxhST1ew
View user's profile Send private message
neonlight88
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Joined: 23 Oct 2012 Posts: 12
Maybe I'm just stupid with computer stuff or my computer is stupid but I can't make it work... downloaded them all, opened the first zip, it goes to freezipviewer, but I can't add anything to it. I dont know if I fucked up the files but later I separated them all to desktop and tried to drag them together or something, nothing seems to work and the computer isn't giving me any help. Here's a few screenshots from what I'm going through, annoying...




Everyone else got this working?
View user's profile Send private message
notj
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Mar 2017 Posts: 12 Location: ldn,uk,ex-eu
For windows people:

Once you have all five .zip files downloaded from WeTransfer, extract each of them to the same location on your computer, you should end up with 11 new zip files called:
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.001
through
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.011

You then need to extract again from this set but you should only have to extract from the .001 file. Your extractor of choice should be smart enough to figure out they are all part of the same archive, work through them all and produce the following file automagically:

SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.ISO

hope this helps
View user's profile Send private message
Tashi
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Aug 2005 Posts: 309
Yup! That's how it works. You get all the downloads together in a folder...I mean all sitting loose in the folder, but not scattered all over your computer in different places. You should double click ONLY the file ending in "01". The first file is the "master file" that any "zipping/unzipping" software uses to locate the other pieces and stitch them back together to form a "clone" of the original DVD.

Upon further inspection with the YouTube, there was a "flag up" that ELO was the copy rite infringement song...HOW on EARTH Sultans go confused with ELO, IDK. So I may delete it and re-upload it to Youtube and see if that helps....I don't want them on my case though or they could go bitching about all those awesome Hot Snakes shows, which are evidently NOT ELO, or Journey or whatever fucking dumb-ass copy right concerned attorney or Youtube lackey is worried about.

Finally, I am super glad some people are at least trying to download and open the DVD, as it was a bit of work to upload it that way. If I had a big dropbox or something, that would work better, but I don't. Take care, -Tashi
View user's profile Send private message
neonlight88
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 23 Oct 2012 Posts: 12
This is embarrassing but I'm still not quite getting it... extracted them to same folder but all I got was this and no zip's.


Maybe I download them again from WeTransfer and try again. Thanks for the help though.
View user's profile Send private message
notj
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Mar 2017 Posts: 12 Location: ldn,uk,ex-eu
The 11 files you get after extracting the first five may or may not appear to be zips because of the file extensions and how you have installed the your zip software but they are!

If you can find:

SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.001

that's the one you need to either
a) double click to open and then extract
b) right click and select extract

For windows peeps, 7zip or PeaZip should hopefully make it less painful.
View user's profile Send private message
notj
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Mar 2017 Posts: 12 Location: ldn,uk,ex-eu
https://imgur.com/a/6RVQr

This should hopefully be what you see after you extract the first five files. The one in yellow is the one you want to start extracting again from.[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
neonlight88
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 23 Oct 2012 Posts: 12
I got it now! Thanks for the additional info. Thanks to Tashi for being such a legend. I hope this will be up on youtube sometime again though, this video is a treasure.
View user's profile Send private message
polianarchy
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 633 Location: San Jose, CA
Love you Tashi, old friend! Thanks for doing this!!! If anyone wants to please burn me a DVD / bluray(?) copy of this once you get it DL'd I will send you a money for it.

PS: I'm still working on #TeamSwami zine vol 2

_________________
KILLING AIN'T WRONG
@polianarchy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CryptRocket
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Sep 2013 Posts: 154 Location: Dayton, Ohio
Thanks so much, Tashi!!! Btw, I’m one of those commenters who said they watch it religiously. Thank you for this!
View user's profile Send private message
Crabsandwich
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 98 Location: London
Tashi wrote:
Upon further inspection with the YouTube, there was a "flag up" that ELO was the copy rite infringement song...HOW on EARTH Sultans go confused with ELO, IDK. So I may delete it and re-upload it to Youtube and see if that helps....I don't want them on my case though or they could go bitching about all those awesome Hot Snakes shows, which are evidently NOT ELO, or Journey or whatever fucking dumb-ass copy right concerned attorney or Youtube lackey is worried about.


Hey Tashi, thanks for doing this. FYI, the ELO thing is, I reckon, due to them also having song called It's Over...

Pick your favourite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht8JDbWUM1E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-oWYUKmO04
View user's profile Send private message
Crabsandwich
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 98 Location: London
Tashi wrote:
Upon further inspection with the YouTube, there was a "flag up" that ELO was the copy rite infringement song...HOW on EARTH Sultans go confused with ELO, IDK. So I may delete it and re-upload it to Youtube and see if that helps....I don't want them on my case though or they could go bitching about all those awesome Hot Snakes shows, which are evidently NOT ELO, or Journey or whatever fucking dumb-ass copy right concerned attorney or Youtube lackey is worried about.


Hey Tashi, thanks for doing this. FYI, the ELO thing is, I reckon, due to them also having a song called It's Over...

Pick your favourite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht8JDbWUM1E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-oWYUKmO04
View user's profile Send private message
defgav
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 am Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Feb 2006 Posts: 38
Warms my heart to see Tashi posting again. :) Thought we'd lost you, man!

_________________
ƒiberoctopus
View user's profile Send private message
Hertz32
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Dec 2006 Posts: 205 Location: san francisco, ca
Tashi wrote:
I am not really a "youtuber". I could give a shit how many hits a video gets...I have never sent a tweet. My Facebook has been shut off for over 3 years. But I did tape and share Sultans Live and Bar Pink. I edited out Speedo's long personal monologue out of respect, and I figured that a few geeks out there might dig the live songs.

Youtube has "silenced" the video, claiming that the band requested that due to copyright infringement. Ok, so I'm not making any money on this...just sharing for fun and posterity. Perhaps this video is cutting into the profits from the extensive Sultans video and Sony DVD back catalog...yes, I'm joking. Perhaps MTV is pissed because they are being ignored due to the 15,764 people who watch it on youtube? Oh...again, I jest..what is MTV anymore right?

What I do know is that people have said shit like...I watch this video 3 times a week so WTF..where's the audio!!!? So, I can't really set up a huge "sharing thing" and people who have tried to work with me on it know that I am back at work and doing well...cancer free for like the 2nd year running...finally off the chemo as of last year...and I have no time to do share stuff anymore. I sent a huge ass hard drive to somebody a few years back and that was that...people are busy, not really sharing it. So that's fine...I get it...I'm busy too, but I did upload the HD DVD of it. It will only be available for like a week or a few day on WeTransfer. You need to download ALL 11 parts. I can't really be responsible if it doesn't work but if should...it's a simple zip file job. The instructions for downloading and extracting as well as the links to do so are included. I'm sure SW@MI didn't ban the video on youtube...some fucking attorney got bent because the Sultans had more hits than some ass licking electronic heavy metal funk reggae country rap band. (or something). Anyway, if SW@MI wants it banned...I respect that...fine no problem. Just let me know I will tell 15,764 people to fuck off and go buy the out of print CD's on Discogs...maybe they are still on the SW@MI-Store? Anyway...I believe in supporting the band and live music, AND sharing live music if it is not an irritation to the band to do so. If so, not a problem...I will pull down everything...I don't really give a shit...i just got obsessive for a while...filmed a bunch and shared a bunch. Easy come easy go...life is short etc...Get your free DVD here if you want it before it disappears for good:

-Tashi

PS...See you SoCal Hot Snakes fans a week from tonight in LA!

By popular request here the Sultans Bar Pink DVD:
Simply download all the zip’s, put them in a folder,
Double-click the zip file #1. Your PC or Mac should
Assemble the DVD from the 11 zip files and create
A burnable or playable .ISO DVD file. The file is in
HD, so it may only play on Blu-ray players, but it will
Certainly play on any computer with the VLC app.
Enjoy! –Tashi

Sultans Parts 1+2
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.002
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.001
Download link
https://we.tl/awN2x2Nr0u
Sultans Part 3+4
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.004
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.003
Download link
https://we.tl/0gdhSyShUq

Sultans Part 5+6
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.005
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.006
Download link
https://we.tl/vZKEIQUg4L

Sultans 7+8
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.007
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.008
Download link
https://we.tl/z3G8MaaUBz


Sultans 9, 10 & 11
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.011
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.010
SULTANS_2012_15_JULY_BAR_PINK_1080P_DVD.7z.009
Download link
https://we.tl/66jxhST1ew


Thanks Tashi, so appreciative of all your efforts. Attempted to be greedy and acquire Hot Snakes tix besides SF but they sold out quicker in LA and SD. Yet beyond excited to see them again this Friday. All the best to you sir.
View user's profile Send private message
neonlight88
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
Joined: 23 Oct 2012 Posts: 12
I'm gonna try and burn this on a dvd today... Those cover-arts sweet.
View user's profile Send private message
polianarchy
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 633 Location: San Jose, CA
Hertz32 wrote:


Thanks Tashi, so appreciative of all your efforts. Attempted to be greedy and acquire Hot Snakes tix besides SF but they sold out quicker in LA and SD. Yet beyond excited to see them again this Friday. All the best to you sir.


4 tix to Long Beach for sale at the FB fan page https://www.facebook.com/groups/2372884401/permalink/10155792554719402/

_________________
KILLING AIN'T WRONG
@polianarchy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
garyc
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2005 Posts: 35 Location: warrington uk
Thank you for this
View user's profile Send private message
Slayboy3
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 22 Apr 2018 Posts: 2
I'm dying to get my hands on this video. Can anyone help?!?!
View user's profile Send private message
notj
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Mar 2017 Posts: 12 Location: ldn,uk,ex-eu
I've put this on the gmail alternative server: https://SW@MI.heychico.co.uk/repos/

username = swamifan
password =
Bacon Bourbon wrote:

password = studio where most RFTC was born (hint: starts with drag, end with a synonym for Trump)
View user's profile Send private message
Slayboy3
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 22 Apr 2018 Posts: 2
Holy Sheeeit - Muchos Thankos!!
View user's profile Send private message

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Post new topic

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum