SwamiRecords.com Forum Index

<  SWAMI GENERAL FORUM  ~  Baseball

Thornmerchant
Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:13 pm Reply with quote
We used to talk baseball a lot before and I would like to get that going. I'm virtually off Facebook or the cookie cancer so let's do this. The NL Cerntral is going to give me an ulcer! If you like Arena League Baseball (Thee American league) chime in! Just kidding. I love that the Red Sox beat up Chicago. So baseball fans: let's talk shit!
coyler from the toilet
Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 am Reply with quote
Padres still have three Rule 5 Draft guys on the 25-man roster -- none of whom had played above high A ball prior to this season. I still can't figure out that logic. Austin Hedges needs a full season in AAA, Hector Sanchez can start. Still don't know why Shimpf is an everyday guy.

I am hopeful about all the hype surrounding our international prospects though.

Oh. And. If you watch the games on TV, it's pretty hilarious how much Don Orsillo and Mark Grant hate each other.

The NL Central is pretty nuts. I think the Cubs are still the team to beat in that division. Nats' pitching is pirdy good so far.

I don't know fuck about the AL.
charles616
Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 May 2006 Posts: 751 Location: Chicago, Colorado Springs
Thornmerchant wrote:
We used to talk baseball a lot before and I would like to get that going. I'm virtually off Facebook or the cookie cancer so let's do this. The NL Cerntral is going to give me an ulcer! If you like Arena League Baseball (Thee American league) chime in! Just kidding. I love that the Red Sox beat up Chicago. So baseball fans: let's talk shit!

Ya know, the only thing I don't like about you is yr from St.Louis.
Bacon Bourbon
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:56 am Reply with quote
I only root for the underdogs; Oakland and SD.
Thornmerchant
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:40 pm Reply with quote
charles616 wrote:
Thornmerchant wrote:

I luv that! But hey, we're both loathing in Hokey playoff blues (no pun intended). Fuck Nashville!
charles616
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Thornmerchant wrote:
charles616 wrote:
Thornmerchant wrote:

I luv that! But hey, we're both loathing in Hokey playoff blues (no pun intended). Fuck Nashville!

You said it. Sucks the Hawks got bounced way early, but the other series have been good. And yes, fuck Nashville.
CryptRocket
Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:15 pm Reply with quote
The NL Central is definitely bonkers right now. I'm a diehard Reds fan, and basically, wasn't expecting shit but heartache this year. But even with all the trades and injuries, the "rebuilding," the Reds have been pretty damn fun this year. And hey, at least we're not the Pirates.

I would be super stoked if the Reds even finished over .500 this year, considering how young the team is besides Votto.
Thornmerchant
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Thornmerchant wrote:
The NL Cerntral is going to give me an ulcer!

I have an ulcer or at least what Martin Short's character was suffering in Innerspace.
brian
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 pm Reply with quote
God the Phillies are so awful this year. It's becoming pretty painful to watch.
Rhymeface
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, the Phillies won today, Brian - so there's that.

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Cardinals and Cubs tied for suckend place at the break. Strange season. Buy or sell I guess. I say the Cards should make a move for Stanton during the Marlins fire sale. Crazy season in the NL Central.
charles616
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Thornmerchant wrote:
Cardinals and Cubs tied for suckend place at the break. Strange season. Buy or sell I guess. I say the Cards should make a move for Stanton during the Marlins fire sale. Crazy season in the NL Central.

I'm not sure I like the Stanton move. Sure he can hit the ball a mile, but its coming up on the time of the year when he makes his annual trip to the season ending DL.
Thornmerchant
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:05 pm Reply with quote
charles616 wrote:
Thornmerchant wrote:

I'm not sure I like the Stanton move. Sure he can hit the ball a mile, but its coming up on the time of the year when he makes his annual trip to the season ending DL.

Can't argue with that. Injuries plus his huge contract are huge negatives. Just going off the fact that he's been doing so well physically this year. I watched the first couple innings of the Cubs game yesterday because it was on TBS and I felt bad for Lester and I'm not being flip at all. He took a beating.
charles616
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Thornmerchant wrote:
charles616 wrote:
Thornmerchant wrote:

Can't argue with that. Injuries plus his huge contract are huge negatives. Just going off the fact that he's been doing so well physically this year. I watched the first couple innings of the Cubs game yesterday because it was on TBS and I felt bad for Lester and I'm not being flip at all. He took a beating.

They are definitely showing a World Series hangover. The thing is the are more than capable of going on a pretty big run and sorting the ship, problem is, it hasn't happened yet.
Thornmerchant
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Cubs will clinch and it looks like the Cards will collapse. We need a miracle. But I think Luke Weaver will destroy in our rotation next year. Anyways, I see a Rockies v. Diamondbacks playoff unless the Cards just sweep, which fuck, ain't going to happen.
coyler from the toilet
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
I gotta root for Buddy Black.
Tallman
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
As the resident Yankees fan, it would be really nice if Boston would lose a few games.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Tallman wrote:
As the resident Yankees fan, it would be really nice if Boston would lose a few games.

At least they clinched a playoff berth. For the record, they're my American League team. All my family is in NY now, I'm just from St. Louis and although it's a boring tale I'm still not a fan of the DH. Barring a Cards miracle, I'm Yankees all the way. Plus, seeing them in the Bronx is choice.
Tallman
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I got my fingers crossed for tonight!

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:27 pm Reply with quote
No skin in the game--and as a Reds fan, probably won't for a loooong time--but I'm rooting for the Astros. They've been amazing all year and you gotta love a team winning their first World Series.